Tuesday 8 June 2010

And the secret ingredient is....



This may not be new to you, but it is definitely new to me!  I had heard about this 'tastes just liked melted vanilla ice cream frosting' over at the Cupcake Project and since I was planning my Root Beer float cupcakes I thought this would be the perfect frosting for it!

I had to go to Waitrose to buy said Vanilla Bean Paste, that already tells you of it's exclusivity! you can't just pick this up at Tesco or Sainsbury's people! so you know it's going to be good! and it was.  The smell practically knocks you out, it is really strong and I was a bit nervous about adding the two whole teaspoons of the stuff to the frosting but it was just the right amount of vanilla taste when I tested it, and it really does come very close to resembling melted vanilla ice cream! 

You really need to try this recipe, and if you don't already own some...I urge you to invest! your tastebuds will thank you for it! 

Vanilla Bean Buttercream Frosting (A.K.A Melted Ice Cream)
Makes enough to frost 12 cupcakes

2 cups icing sugar
1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste 
1 tablespoon milk


Mix together sugar and butter until they are blended and creamy.  Add vanilla bean paste and milk and continue to beat for another minute.  If desired, add more vanilla bean paste to taste, or more icing sugar to make it stiffer.

It has become my new favourite addition to my baking cupboard! and no doubt will be used often!


Update: It appears this post has been generating tons of traffic when people search the phrase 'baking cupboard'.  If you'd like to know more about what I think everyone needs in their baking cupboard you can check out the page I created here.

4 comments:

  1. Geek! Look at your OCD cupboard! I think I may try some of this for this Sunday's Iron cupcake. How did it go last night?? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bookmarking to try in the future. Am envious of your baking cupboard. Mine looks similar except yours is extremely tidy and organised! I think I need to get new cupboards to put all my baking stuff in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am very very jealous of your baking cupboard. I shall have to get some of the paste sounds gorgeous, I had heard of it but did not know waitrose stocked it. Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vanilla paste! I discovered it a while ago and it is just lush. Fab blog - glad I found it

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails