Thursday 10 June 2010

Twenty million Mexicans can’t be wrong....I &hearts America!


This weekend my friend is having a Miss America murdery mystery party.  It's pretty exciting, I was desperately hoping to be Miss California (since it's my fave place in the whole world) but I ended up as Miss Wisconsin, so I now have my sash all ready...wedge of cheese and all - Wisconsin is known as 'America's Dairyland'.

I offered to make some American themed cupcakes for the affair...any excuse! I have also been wanting to make Patriotic cupcakes for aaaaaages, my sister got me some really cool stars and stripes cases but the pattern will probably bake out with the brownie cupcakes I'm planning so I will just use my plain blue ones instead.  I would have liked to get red and white in the same variety and have a fun little theme going on with the cases but sometimes I have to draw the line with my baking purchases so I'm drawing it there!

I also really wanted to purchase these amazing red, white and blue sprinkles but the cake company I wanted to buy them from was on holiday until this week so they wouldn't have arrived in time.  I realised since I have white fondant, food colouring and star cut outs already I should stop being so lazy and make my own which is what I plan to do!

Here is my little inspiration board that is helping to shape how my cupcakes will turn out!


The cupcakes on the top left with blue sanding sugar on top come from this awesome blog.
The three coloured cupcakes on the top right are from a blog that I borrow ideas/recipes from frequently - grin and bake it.
The patriotic sprinkled cupcakes are from sugar bean sweets, and the star covered cupcakes come from here.
The American flag cupcake is from the almighty Martha Stewart!


4 comments:

  1. wow these are going to be amazing!!!! I hope you have fun at the murder mystery party! HAve you decided what you are going to wear? I keep trying to get my friends to murder mystery party with me! This Miss america one sounds the best ive heard! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gem, It's Andrea from Iron cupcake! Just found your blog (hope you don't mind, but I linked to yours in my blog www.madewithpink.com). I can't wait to see how your cupcakes turn out. This post got me thinking how much you would LOVE a cake mix I have that I brought home from the US. It's a pilsbury American Stars & Strip limited edition Mix. The sponge has red and blue confetti pieces in it and it comes with starts & stripes confetti to put on top. It would have been perfect for you! I'm sure yours wil be fab though. I will definitley check back. How sad is it that Iron Cupcake has been cancelled!?!? Hopefully there will be a bakers meet up sometime if it's not rescheduled in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of a murder mystery. Good luck with the baking, your inspiration board is great. I made some stars and stripes cupcakes for a friend's American themed party once and they were a real hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun party. The cupcakes will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails